Why do you need a vision board? How important is it for reaching your goals in life, business, and career?
The famous author of a popular personal development book, “Think and Grow Rich,” Napoleon Hill said “Man, alone, has the power to transform his thoughts into physical reality; man, alone, can dream and make his dreams come true.”
He believes our “thoughts are things” meaning it is important to pay attention to your desires and seriously pay attention to them.
Whatever you focus on, whether it’s the good or the bad things, it is what you produce more of.
Whatever occupies your mind determines the decisions you make every minute of the day. If you focus on succeeding and achieving every goal you set for yourself, you are more likely to achieve it. On the other hand, if you focus on thoughts of how difficult the work is, how others are luckier than you, or the “nothing ever works out for me” thoughts, then you’ll be less likely to achieve your goals.
That’s where vision boards come in handy.
Each board is a visual representation of your thoughts, desires, and goals. They are a tool that can motivate and inspire you to take daily action toward your biggest and most important goals.
• A vision board helps you focus on the direction of your dreams and keeps you motivated to follow through.
Imagine you want to change your career to one you love that pays well. Using a vision board, you use images of inspiring quotes from magazines that highlight success and inspire resilience. Then you add images of people in your career interests that are happy and confident. Each time you look at your vision board, you are reminded of your goal as well as what you need to do to achieve it.
• Putting together your vision board forces you to sit and really think about what you want your life to be like. Documenting your wants in a visual way forces you to go beyond just thinking about your goals to actually focusing on them.
• A vision board will help you get unstuck when you get in a rut or everyday life routines get in the way of your dreams. It can help you see what you should be focusing on. They are an effective way to get creative with your time when you’re in a funk or the robotic routines of your life aren’t taking you in the direction you want to go.
• A vision board is your daily visual reminder of your dreams and aspirations. Visualization is a powerful and effective mind trick that you can do to manifest your desire. When you see your vision board every day, you stay on track even when there are setbacks.
• The practice of creating a visual of everything you want has psychological effect. It makes everything in your head seem more manageable. You can see your dream life and how you can achieve it.
• Seeing your goals in a visual image every day gives you a psychological boost. It removes the procrastination and encourages you to keep moving toward your goals.
I love to add my goals and scriptures to my vision board as well, one year I created a little envelope so I could add scriptures to it throughout the year. It was a nice little pocket on my board that was quite comforting.
Creating and using vision boards to reach your goals and desires is an important part of the process of succeeding. Placing it where you see it every day inspires and motivates you to stay on the path towards a life you are fulfilled with.
What are you dreaming for this next year?
What will your dream/vision board look like? A board, book or an entire wall?
Vera JM Friesen
Creative Online Business Coaching
PS. I’m looking to interview 100 entrepreneurs struggling with building online income (purely for my own research). It’s a free chat and I am not selling anything. If you’d like to spend up to an hour with me, just email me at:
Get (sometimes) daily messages about online business.
You have successfully joined our subscriber list.
- Goodbye 2020 & Hello 2021